Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

my new adventure........DAYCARE




It has been a new and exciting week for Leah. She started daycare last Monday and although it is a transition for ALL of us we think she started enjoying herself as the week went on. She really likes her teachers but it sad to see Corey leave in the morning. As each day went on we would see her get happier each time he picked her up. It has really made her more affectionate at home ( we get lots of hugs and kisses now). I think she is just so happy to see us and be home. She lost her voice during the week and we were thinking , aww she must be crying alot. While I was at work I tried to imagine that instead of crying alot she lost her voice because she was so busy talking to her new friends ( kind of like how Mommy always lost her voice every summer at camp because of all of the fun she was having).


Well only to find out over the weekend that she was losing her voice because she has a cold AGAIN!!!! When is this winter going to end??? She actually threw up on Saturday from coughing so hard and it made me think of something I read once:


" No one ever told me that becoming a mother would at some point require me to cup my hand in front of my child's mouth in an attempt to capture as much vomit as possible to keep their cloths in tact. And they certainly didn't tell me what to do with the handful once I had it........"


So now it's Monday and we had ANOTHER snowstorm. Which is usually great news because I get the day off, but I am starting to think snowstorm=Leah cold....this will be the 3rd snow day I have off and we take a trip to the doctor. Only 5 days till the big birthday so let's hope this cold is a quick one..........


No comments: