Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we can!

Daddy I just voted, can I sit in a high chair now?
I've got the sticker to prove it.













"Rosa sat so Martin could walk, Martin walked so Obama could run, Obama ran so the children could fly"


Call me sappy, but my heart is filled with pride today. Obama won the election and feel like we played a part in making history. Obviously Leah can and will grow up to be what ever her heart desires, but I feel the significance of the year she was born was the year Obama won the presidency. We've always been politically aware and involved, but this race was special and has meaning more than ever before for our daughter. Not just because of the race thing, but because we care so much about the world we are bringing her into. We were soooo excited to go vote and bring Leah in the booth with us. She even got to wear her "i voted" sticker. It was also the first night she sat in a high chair out at a restaraunt....okay not as meaningful , but still special!

No comments: