Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Such a sad week

What a week it has been for Leah. She came down with that dreaded stomach bug and we soon followed a day later. Having one day in the house with all of us VERY sick was not easy but thank goodness mine passed after a day. We are now on day 7 and it has been truly horrible. Today was the first day that Leah ate food in a week and it shows. In addition to her not keeping anything down ( i have a new respect for grabage bags as bibs) she now has........ a cold, horrible cough, and her 5th ear infection ( which also means we will be most likely off to an ENT doctor soon). She just sits there and moans, won't move an inch, tears falling without crying, tries to talk and can't (lost her voice), stares into space, and lays on us for hours. Needless to say this has been the most heart wrenching experience. Of course we want her better, but I am most concerned that we won't have the same Leah back. The value of your child's smile is EVERYTHING and I would do anything to get it back. I am home from work with her again today and just praying that it will make some kind of turn around today. I really understand that your health means the world. We just feel so bad that we actually see her in pain, which we have never seen before ( other than a fall and 2 second cry). While yesterday was my birthday and tomorrow is her 10 month birthday , I can only wish for her to get better.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

OMG, I am literally crying for her right now :( that is the saddest video I have ever seen! Poor little Leah! We are praying for her to get better...and don't worry, she will be her same smiling, Leah self soon! Take care and give her a big hug from us.

Keri Ann said...

How sad! Poor little Leah...I hope she feels better soon. Sophia was exactly the same way, but she wouldnt even sit on her own. I promise that she will be back to smiling and happy self really soon. :(